List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: TFP and strict binding
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2007-06-26 12:08:02

On Monday 25 of June 2007, Philip Falkner wrote:
> On Monday 25 June 2007 11:31:48 Rivo Laks wrote:
> > Ühel kenal päeval (esmaspäev 25 juuni 2007) kirjutas Philip Falkner:
> > > I think the right answer is to release the binding (when non-strict
> > > binding), and destroy bound_glxpixmap from discardWindowPixmap().  Then
> > > the next SceneOpenGL::Texture::load() will just pick it up.  Does that
> > > make sense?
> >
> > Your patch mostly works but sometimes it crashes when choosing desktop in
> > DesktopGrid because  effectWindow()->sceneWindow()  is 0 in
> > composite.cpp:410
>
> Fixed, thanks.

 Was there a patch supposed to be attached here :) ? But yes, the patch in
general looks ok to me, maybe only if you could tidy it up a bit - the
comment for SceneOpenGL::Window::releaseTexture() looks pretty confusing in
connection with the function name, and I'd prefer if the code in
composite.cpp didn't do such specific code but instead called some
pixmapDiscarded() virtual and the OpenGL one would take care of what needs to
be done for OpenGL.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer