List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: trunk
From:       Thomas =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2007-06-17 13:41:31

> What I don't understand (I have not looked at the code) is why do you need
> to resort to direct X calls, aren't Qt and KWin methods sufficient?
> In this way, Qt would use XRender, OpenGL or whatever is best.
>
> Luciano
Qt won't (unfortunately) allow me to share pixmaps across applications (at
least i've not found any way) making the complex bg stuff hardly affordable.
(generating on the fly isn't possible and caching the bgs for all windows
sucks ram as a black hole...)

we'll check for WS_X11 and non X users will have to face a plain or some
fallback background.

Thomas
--
Fear... Fear attracts the fearfull.
The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt.