List:       kwin
Subject:    kwin & fglrx
From:       Michael Olbrich <michael-olbrich () web ! de>
Date:       2007-06-03 11:12:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

The latest fglrx version finally supports composite, so I tried to test
all those new kwin features. From the COMPOSITE_HOWTO and what I read in
the archives I get the impression that no kwin developer uses fglrx. I
that is true I would be happy to test and debug things. I don't know
anything about window managers, composite or openGL so I don't think I
will be able to fix things myself.

With KWIN_COMPOSE=O I get:

kwin: Extensions: shape: 0x11 composite: 0x3 render: 0xa fixes: 0x40
kwin: OpenGL compositing
kwin: GLX1.3 or GLX_SGIX_fbconfig missing

And as far as I can tell compositing is disabled. Extra debug messages
showed, that I only have GLX version 1.2. That's from fglrx, right?

With KWIN_COMPOSE=X I get:

kwin: Extensions: shape: 0x11 composite: 0x3 render: 0xa fixes: 0x40
kwin: XRender compositing
kwin: Refresh rate 60Hz

There are a lot of artefacts and many effects don't work at all. Which
are supposed to work without openGL?

What data should I provide to help fix things?

michael