List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Stabilizing
From:       Eike Hein <kde () eikehein ! com>
Date:       2007-02-09 12:52:20

jos poortvliet wrote:
> To add my thoughts on these, zoom is nice, as is the cube, but wobbly windows,
> rain and burning windows - all pretty useless. Wobbly windows just leads to
> blurry windows, and what the heck is the rain good for? The burning animation
> is way too slow and good for nothing.

Note that at this point, it's not quite about the defaults
that will end up being shipped and more about shaking out
any design issues that may remain in the framework, as well
as making sure that it's capable of doing what people care
about architecturally and API-wise.

> Make a plugin framework, and those who want silly effects can create
> them.

Test cases are really important in making a good framework.
What has proven to be popular (regardless of the reason)
makes for a good test case.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein@kde.org