On Tuesday 30 January 2007 12:53, Lubos Lunak wrote: > On Tuesday 30 January 2007 18:10, Philip Falkner wrote: > > > > fdclock -sta works fine here in tfp, and only the one 32-bit config has > > BIND_TO_TEXTURE_RGBA. But it shouldn't even check for RGBA except on > > 32-bit configs; I just double-checked and that's how it works here. > > Could you tell me which configs it's selecting for you? > > That's actually what I meant. It checks for BIND_TO_TEXTURE_RGBA only for > 32-bit config and checks only checks if BIND_TO_TEXTURE_RGB is available > for the default 24-bit depth. However, that was fdclock -sta is not > transparent. After I remove the if() that enables BIND_TO_TEXTURE_RGBA > checking only for 32-bit, i.e. check it also for 24-bit, then it works > properly. Oh, I see. Yes, RGBA works here for me in all configs as well. fdclock -sta definitely uses a 32-bit depth, though. > Attached is output from a somewhat modified patch (too bad I actually have > no real clue what it is about). The selected config for 24bpp is 0x59, > which in glxinfo actually seems to be 32bpp (has 8 bits per all 4 color > channels) and can be bound to both rgb and rgba. Right, I think that's the right config for 24, and 0x80 for 32. And yes, all your configs have a 32-bit buffer, potentially including alpha. There's a check in initDrawableConfigs() to make sure that the buffer size is equal to either depth or depth + alpha, and it's that second one that's true for all of my and roughly half of your 24-bit configs. > What really really confuses me about this is that what does or does not > make fdclock -sta work is using or not using BIND_TO_TEXTURE_RGBA for 24bpp > while fdclock should be 32bpp. Quite possibly another driver bug. What does xwininfo (or similar) say about fdclock? If it's 32-bit there, then it sounds like kwin may be getting confused, but if it's 24 then I agree that it sounds like your driver. You don't happen to have any interesting options in xorg.conf, do you? -- Philip Falkner _______________________________________________ Kwin mailing list Kwin@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kwin