List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: GetFBConfigs
From:       Rivo Laks <rivolaks () hot ! ee>
Date:       2007-01-29 16:17:47

Ühel kenal päeval (esmaspäev 29 jaanuar 2007) kirjutas Lubos Lunak:
> On Monday 29 January 2007 16:46, Rivo Laks wrote:
> > I tracked it to the XDamageDestroy() call in
> > Toplevel::finishCompositing() in composite.cpp
> > Value of the damage_handle is 25166670, maybe it helps.
> > And finishCompositing() is called from Unmanaged::release()
> > Hope it helps, if you want I can send you my debug output with the added
> > debug calls, but it's quite big.
>
>  Then that's either unrelated or it points to a problem somewhere in KWin.
> Do you have a way to reproduce the problem?

It happens every time when I do Alt+F2 and start ark, provided that no ark
window is currently open. Also when starting speedcrunch the same way. It
doesn't happen when starting ark from commandline.
Hmm... that gave me an idea: the bouncy icon is unmanaged window (right?) and
it's destroyed when the application window comes up which is exactly when
kwin crashes. And there's no bouncy icon when starting apps from cmdline...
Now, if I could turn the bouncy icon off and test without it. But I can't find
config option for it. Or maybe it's removed from KUbuntu :-(
Does anyone know config file/key for it?

> It might help to run KWin in
> Valgrind and check for errors (not in the same X session of course, it's
> the same like with gdb in HACKING, you'll probably need --log-file= for
> Valgrind).

Ok, I can try Valgrind

Rivo