List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: The disappearing windows problem
From:       Philip Falkner <philip.falkner () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-15 20:29:33

On Monday 15 January 2007 10:01, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Friday 12 January 2007 23:50, Philip Falkner wrote:
>  Note that fallback is useful only in rare cases, so I wouldn't spend much
> time on it.

Too late :), I already found where it crashes, but have spent absolutely no
time figuring out why.  It's the call to GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer that kills
X.  Forcing kwin to go back to the glCopyPixels way makes it work just fine.
Well, as fine as fallback ever is.

On Monday 15 January 2007 12:01, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  I don't know. There's a chance they internally keep a refcount of the X
> > pixmap. Ok, I know, I had to have a look in the sources and in fact even
> > the X protocol says that the pixmap will be really freed when nothing
> > else references it. So just keeping the GLXPixmap should do. I'll take
> > care of it.
>
>  Ok, knowing this for sure, it was blatantly simple. Too bad I didn't know
> this earlier, I guess I complicated your life a bit there :-/.

*shrug*  I'm just glad it works now.

Speaking of which, I like your deleted windows commit. :)

--
Philip Falkner