List:       kwin
Subject:    Available extensions list (was Re: XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps)
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2006-11-21 21:37:38

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 20:55, Philip Falkner wrote:
> As of r606773 TFP still doesn't work here without the attached patch.
> glXQueryExtensionsString() will never have GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap
> here, but glXQueryServerString() will, and, from the way I understand
> things, the server string should be what matters with indirect rendering.

 That sucks and, at least theoretically, it doesn't look right, from the docs
I get the feeling that glXQueryExtensionsString() should always do :-/ .
Beryl does the same but even the latest Compiz doesn't and I'd be somewhat
inclined to trust Dave Reveman more when it gets to such things. Does Compiz
work for you with the same setup? If yes and it's using the same libGL then
this is probably just a workaround for something.

 Looking at your glxinfo which lists GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap in both
client and server strings but not in what glXQueryExtensionsString() says I'd
try to blame your Mesa, but it looks recent enough :-/. Also, IIRC, at work
with ATI+AIGLX KWin detected TFP just fine, I'll check again.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer