List:       kwin
Subject:    XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2006-11-20 15:31:06

 Hello,

 I've finally managed to get kwin_composite running on this ATI machine, kind
of :-/. It's with the radeon driver and this 9600 (RV350 AP) is pretty slow
with it. Moreover I get redraw problems with it from time to time. However,
unless you're more lucky with the performance than me, I'd like to point out
to you option "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps", see "man xorg.conf". It's somewhat
more bearable with it, although still no match even for my old Geforce2 with
the NVidia driver.

 Does somebody use the fglrx driver? It does't seem to work for me with X.Org
7.2. Also, how do you get AIGLX working? It seems I can get AIGLX itself
working, however I cannot use TFP because of it not being present in the MESA
libGL library. Have you built your own MESA library or something?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer