List:       kwin
Subject:    kde window management
From:       Stefan Walkner <walkner.stefan () sbg ! at>
Date:       2005-03-06 9:03:48

hello,

I asked at the kde-forum (http://www.kde-forum.org/thread.php?threadid=9636)
to get some information about how/where kde handles the windows/screens.

I'm going to write writing a "screenmanager" who should make it possible to
move a window from one screen to another screen.

 I'm already able to get all opened windows by using the KWinModule class.

 But now I would like to move the windows (without animation - just moving
them from a -> b).
 Therefore I search through the whole google db and the kde api and searched
for some example code in kdebase and kdelibs (kcontrol xinerama
extension...)... But I don't find the right class for solving this problem.

 I found out that the NETWinInfo gives me some infor about the window (given
by WId)...

 Could please anyone give me a hint how this can be realized? Some class
names, file names from kdebase/kdelibs or whatever...

 Another question is: how does kde sends the screen information to the
xserver? would it be possible to enable/disable the xinerama extension via
kde? I asked at the xorg mailing list but a developer told me that dynamic
module loading/unloading is not implemented yet...

 thx in advance,
 stefan walkner