List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: and again new patch...
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-15?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2005-01-13 22:40:26

On Thursday 13 January 2005 19:08, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  This should be solved in some better way than just explicitly marking
> everything as no-shadow, but I don't think there's time for that for
> KDE3.4.
in genereal the only things that cannot be captured by kwin and should be
shadowed (on a default zero shadow) are override windows that are in fact
popupmenus (kstyle.cpp, but that'd exclude gtk apps -> NETWM::Popup ???) and
i don't know how widely the NETWM::Splash type is used.

> KWin::setNoShadow( bool ) than have apps do XChangeProperty() directly.
i'll add some functions (probably good for setting opacity as well)
maybe there should be functions to activate/deactivate the compmgr (DCOP???)
as well to allow applications or the user to switch it on/off and keep the
kwin handling (e.g. if you want to go for a fast
<putyourfavouriteegoshooterhere> session)

>  Speaking of the properties, those that are not standard should probably
> start with _KDE prefix.
ok

Thomas
--
Think, think different. But essentially: Think!