List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: [Kwin] kwin performance (kde 3.2b2)
From:       aviv bergman <aviv_brg () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-01-19 10:42:39

> No, in fact I believe changing owner_events to True
> makes KWin loose some events, which may explain the
> speedup for you. I'm afraid this is too complicated

i've added some debug code to print the number of
times Client::setGeometry is called/second, the
results during window (konqueror) move:

owner_event: False --> ~60 setGeometry/second
owner_event: True --> 120-125 setGeometry/second

conclusion:
with owner_event=False, you loose events, not the
other way around.
the 125 event/second is probably due to the usb mouse.
60 events/second should be enough to smooth movement,
but only if an event arrive exactly every 1/60 sec -
which doesn't happen

aviv