List:       kvm-ppc
Subject:    [kvm-ppc-devel] updated patches (nasty bug fixed)
From:       Hollis Blanchard <hollisb () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2008-02-26 23:04:12

http://penguinppc.org/~hollisb/kvm/

I just fixed a nasty bug in which the changes to nonvolatile registers
used in "update" form load/store MMIO instructions wouldn't be visible
in the guest. This caused all sorts of nastiness, especially visible
when the guest kernel timer tick code did a BUG_ON(!irqs_disabled),
since the guest MSR had somehow been corrupted.

Also committed various cleanups along the way, and updated to latest KVM
tip. Note: I had to hack a
        #define KVM_PAGES_PER_HPAGE (1<<31)
in order to build.

Our current bug occurs when guest userspace continuously writes to the
UART, which ends up "pausing" all output. Apparently UART IRQs are
getting lost somewhere...

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center