List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Re: Java Over EDB9315A  (cirrus logic Board)
From:       meinterest () mobileandembedded ! org
Date:       2007-07-09 8:10:16

You seem to imply that Opie is a variant/distribution of Linux; that's not strictly \
true. OPIE (Open Palmtop Integrated Environment) is a graphic environment based on \
Qt/Embedded 2.3 which runs on top of Linux. There used to be some "JRE" packages for \
Opie (the original JRE from the Sharp Zaurus ROM could be used and a J2ME PP JRE from \
IBM used to be available somewhere on alphaWorks/developerWorks). I'm not sure if \
these are still available and I'm afraid I don't have any links to them. The best \
place to ask would probably be the Java forum at oesf.org:

http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showforum=79

Also, *if* there is an open-source JVM/library that can run on embedded Linux, its \
build script is almost certainly included in OpenEmbedded's collection of BitBake \
recipes:

http://www.openembedded.org/snapshots/

For more information on what OpenEmbedded is please see http://www.openembedded.org

Hope this helps.

z.
[Message sent by forum member 'zenyatta' (zenyatta)]