List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Re: J2ME on BlackBerry
From:       Joe Bowbeer <joe.bowbeer () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2007-07-06 17:53:16

On 7/5/07, Alan Weiler <kallisto@kallisto.com> wrote:

> In my case, my Java app is running pretty well, but the Java app cannot
> connect to server-based resources via http.  ( I can use the Internet to
> download Jar/Jad files).  I am not yet sure if I still don't have the right
> data plan, or if my code needs modification.  The code in my app that is
> accessing http resources has been tested on over 125 handsets so my
> inclination is to look first at my AT&T data plan and then look at the code.

Configuring this correctly has been a sticky problem in the past.  You
may find it helpful to look in the Opera Mini forums to see how their
BB users have solved the problem.  You may also find some help in the
BB forums, or working through RIM's developer relations.

The solution may be as simple as asking your users to enter the
following in Options>Advanced>TCP

APN: wap.cingular
Username:  WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1

See the following for more details:

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/message?board.id=rim&message.id=9536
http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-network/2185-blackberry-internet-msn-chat-web-telnet-tcpip-no-bes.html
 http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-network/2185-blackberry-internet-msn-chat-web-telnet-tcpip-no-bes-5.html#post103060

In my experience, there was first a small hurdle getting the right
browser icon to appear.  The appearance of this icon indicated the
presence of the required service plan.  Then there was the small
matter of configuring the APN...

--Joe