List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Re: E720
From:       Tijl Houtbeckers <thoutbeckers () SPLENDO ! COM>
Date:       2005-10-14 18:12:40

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:38:21 +0200, <info@m-fuse.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for your reply, online storage is not an option - but we do have
> a spare 50k of jar size to play with. The problem is the rms data is
> needed for saving and loading and is game specific data that changes all
> of the time - I think we are not going to be able to get around this
> problem.

Well 50k, I don't know if you're currently using any form of compression,
but I think you should be able to hack the relevant parts of JZlib to well
under 50k (it's pretty damned small already)

http://www.jcraft.com/jzlib/index.html

It's BSD licenced, but I think the rest of us would be intrested to see a
j2me/RMS port as well ;)

The question is, how well does your data compress after all the compacting
you did? Maybe you can do a test by zipping the RMS files generated by
most SDKs.