List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Re: Nokia 6680 and bluetooth server problems
From:       Eric Obermuhlner <eobermuhlner () ESMERTEC ! COM>
Date:       2005-10-05 11:49:56

Charles-Edouard Ruault wrote:
> Hi All,
> i'm trying to write a simple bluetooth server using j2me on my 6680.
> I've developped a very basic server using btl2cap. When i run it in the
> emulator or even on my linux box with jsr82 on j2se it works fine ( i.e
> i can see my server profile when i browse available services on my PC ).
> When i run it on the phone, the server is not visible through sdp.
> Am i doing something wrong or is there a bug on the 6680 ?
> I'm running firmware 2.04.15 ( 04-03-05 ) RM-36
>

> He're is the simple server code i'm using:
>
> localDevice = LocalDevice.getLocalDevice();
> if (!localDevice.setDiscoverable(DiscoveryAgent.GIAC)) {
> debug("Failed to setDiscoverable....");
> }
> StringBuffer url = new StringBuffer("btl2cap://");
> url.append("localhost:");
> url.append(UUID.toString());
> url.append(";name=btserver;authenticate=false;encrypt=false");
> notifier = (L2CAPConnectionNotifier) Connector.open(url.toString());
> L2CAPConnection conn = null;
> try
> {
> //Service should be visible once this call is made !
> conn = notifier.acceptAndOpen();
> }
>
> Any hint on what i'm doing wrong ????
> thanks in advance !

I was doing something similar on the Nokia 6230i and had the same problem.
In my case the problem was that the Nokia 6230i only allows 1 connected
device at a time, and since I used BT to send the midlet from the PC to
the phone, that slot was already taken by the PC.

Not sure whether that applies for your phone as well.
You can check the property "bluetooth.connected.devices.max", which on
the 6230i returned "1".

Regards,
Eric