List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Re: J2ME Polish
From:       Robert Virkus <robert () ENOUGH ! DE>
Date:       2005-08-12 15:06:17

Hi Nidheesh,

it quite depends on what you want to achieve. First and foremost J2ME Polish
is a build system, which is specialized on building your project for several
target devices (and locales for that matter) at once. So it's quite easy to
distinguish between several setups in your code using a bit a preprocessing.

For using MIDP 2.0 specific code, you can use following fragment in your Java
source code, for example:

//#if polish.midp2
 int[] rgbData = new int[ image.getWidth() * image.getHeight() ];
 image.getRGB( rgbData, 0, image.getWidth(), 0, 0, image.getWidth(),
image.getHeight );
         transformRGB( rgbData );
         g.drawRGB( rgb, 0, image.getWidth(), 0, 0, image.getWidth(),
image.getHeight, true );
//#else
 g.drawImage( image, 0, 0, Graphics.TOP | Graphics.LEFT );
//#endif

If you want to deploy the J2ME Polish GUI, then just use the highlevel LCDUI
API normally, J2ME Polish will convert those calls automatically.

All the best,
   Robert

--
Robert Virkus