List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Re: Added to midp3 wishlist
From:       Barry White <bwhite () FOTANGO ! COM>
Date:       2005-04-28 10:21:39

Thanks Marc,

I agree.. it is often the only thing that makes an app not portable.
Surely we can specify a range of sizes that all manufacturers can work with.

I'm not sure the best solution as far as specifying the icon name
though. Your suggestion could result in a large JAD file for Midlet
suites with more than one midlet (number of midlets x number of icon
sizes). Perhaps specify the icons as before:

MIDlet-n-Icon: icon.png

But bundle icon_24x24.png, icon_32x32.png, etc in the JAR. i.e. the
device constructs the correct image name.

Or make sure icons are available in defined folder names:

/icons/24x24/icon.png
/icons/32x32/icon.png

Barry