List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Re: Looking for Samsung emulator and info
From:       David Ben-Yaacov <dbenyaacov () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       2004-01-31 16:57:32

Hi Ben:

The emulator has its own MIDP Java libraries, which
may or may not be
the same as those on the phone.  The reason why I know
this is that,
after testing my MIDP game on it, it acted differently
than the Sun WTK.
  For example, I had the following observations:

o  ui.Form's title is center-justified, not left
justified, so, if the
title is too long, only the center of the title is
shown.

o  List items are just one line (cuts off the rest of
the list item,
similarly to the Nokia Series 60)

o  Screen display is supposibly 128x128, but emulator
skin feels like a
80x80 device.  My splash screen fills up the display,
but if it was a
true 128x128, it should have had some space left over.

I can't currently give you a screen shot, as got
frustrated with the
Samsung developer info.  I made the conclusion that it
was not worth it
to mess with this sloppy site and their incomplete and
buggy resources.
  I deleted the emulator from my computer.  If you
really want the
screen shot, I'll reinstall the app -- just let me
know.

Of course, this is all my own opinion.  Your mileage
may vary.

David

Ben Hui wrote:

> Hi David,
>

> is the samsung emulator that you download a real
emulator? or just a skin

> around SUN WTK? from what I understand, they don't
have an emulator (in

> fact, i don't even think they have developer
support). could you give us