List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Re: Benchmarks
From:       Jonathan Knudsen <jonathan.knudsen () SUN ! COM>
Date:       2002-11-27 20:09:54

Here's another page that I think is extremely interesting:

http://www.poqit.com/midp/bench/

And the kObjects device database has some performance-related timings,
although they don't really try to do a comprehensive benchmark:

http://kissen.cs.uni-dortmund.de:8080/devicedb/auto?expr=Device

My latest performance-related realization is that RMS operations, like
network operations, are generally slow and should really be performed in
a thread separate from the system event thread. You don't notice on the
emulators, but you can really see it on my i85s.

Regards,
Jonathan