List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Re: ImageItem.LAYOUT_CENTER
From:       "Darryl L. Pierce" <mcpierce () DATABASIX ! COM>
Date:       2002-04-29 13:40:02

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 07:55:29AM +0200, Fred Keet wrote:
> Ok. I expect the Exit command to be added to the list if I select the 'Item'
> item, but it doesn't happen. The "Exit" command only gets added when I
> select the original 'Exit' or 'Back' commands. So the explicit list works
> like an exclusive list, without the radio button images attached.

That's because Exit is only being added to the list when commandAction()
is invoked. If you want to add something like that to the menu, you
should either just add it to the menu during creation. Why wouldn't you
want to add the item to the menu prior to an input event?

> Using the DefaultGrayPhone emulator in KWT is not the same as running it on
> the Motorola A008. The motorola has a touch-screen, so I don't use the
> select key on a keypad. That's where the apparent trick comes in: The
> motorola doesn't have a standard select key, it's all done via the
> touchscreen, and touching the item in an explicit list doesn't activate the
> commandAction method, it only highlights the item in the list, and waits for
> further interaction.

Then, unfortunately, that's a case where the device breaks away from the
standard input scheme, if it doesn't have a standard select button. In
that case, you'll need to add the select command explicitly if it's not
available on the device.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@databasix.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp @ <http://welcome.to/mcpierce>