List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Re: Printing from a Palm 505 to a SATO barcode printer
From:       Ian Kiigan <ian () KIIGAN ! COM>
Date:       2002-02-27 11:27:58

You won't be able use the Sun MIDP for Palm OS
for this task, because there is no facility for
invoking native methods. And of course MIDP
doesn't specify any API for infra red beaming.

However you might want to try the IBM J9 for Palm
(http://www.embedded.oti.com) which has wrapped
all of the native Palm OS functionality with Java
wrappers. It's not JNI but it is very handy.

Alternatively (if you are writing the application
in C or C++ with Codewarrior for Palm OS) I'd suggest
taking your query to the Palm OS developer pavillion
forums.

Regards

Ian

Ian Kiigan