List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Bug in Motorola Accompli 008 (??)
From:       Razvan Dragomirescu <drazvan () KAPPA ! RO>
Date:       2001-12-29 23:34:40

Hello everyone,

I've recently encountered what it seems to me like a bug in the HTTP stack
of the Motorola Accompli 008. This happens on a Motorola Accompli with a
GPRS connection on Germany's Viag Interkom. Whenever an HTTP connection is
open to a server, an extra HTTP connection appears only seconds after the
first one. I am pretty sure that the method opening the connection is _not_
called two times. This does not happen when using plain TCP sockets instead
of HTTP. The second HTTP connection has the same parameters as the first one
(it's a POST query to a servlet). On the phone, the connection screen
reappears for a short time when the second connection is made (although no
code is making it do that). Did anyone experience anything similar?

This only happens on the Accompli. On a Motorola i85s and on my Handspring
Visor it works perfectly, no second connections.

One more question: is there a way to display the standard output/error on
the phone (like the developer options on the Palm MIDP)? I really can't
print a lot of messages on the screen since it's displaying a Canvas with
the remote desktop. Or is there a way to connect the Accompli to a PC and
see its System.out and System.err?

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you,
Razvan

--
Razvan Dragomirescu
SIMEDA GmbH