List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    AWT (was: Delete records from RMS)
From:       Stefan Haustein <haustein () KIMO ! CS ! UNI-DORTMUND ! DE>
Date:       2001-09-28 16:11:17

Sandeep Mujumdar wrote:

> Hi,
>     Are there any third party awt clases available for MIDP on Palm OS. I
> have GUI intensive form to devlop, due to the limitation of MIDP i have to
> look other things.

Yes, we recently managed to run the kAWT demo on MIDP for PalmOS.
Unfortunately, this version is not available on the web yet
(http://www.kawt.de). However, I cannot recommend that approach
anyway: It is very slow and MIDP for Palm provides only 64k heap.
It is probably a better solution to use kAWT+Jbed for development
of more sophisticated Java software, at least until PDAp is available...

Best,
Stefan