List:       kvm
Subject:    Re: [Qemu-devel] Speed disk virtio
From:       Brian Jackson <iggy () theiggy ! com>
Date:       2014-02-07 23:55:24

On 02/04/2014 08:21 AM, XliN wrote:
> Good day. Very little speed drives Virtio. Drivers are the latest
> guest on the system "Windows server 2008". Host system centos 6.5.

What latest? There are a few different places to get drivers (Fedora
site, RHEL subscription, build yourself, etc). From the graphs, it looks
like the speed isn't too bad at times. But it's hard to tell with the
information you've given about your particular config. I mean 50MB/s
isn't bad for a single rotating disk on raw storage. But we don't know
what kind of setup you have since you didn't tell us.

> All that can be tried, but failed to increase the speed. And there I
> have a database running.

All? You should try being specific about what you've tried. How you are
running the guest. The underlying hardware. Command line options. Too
much detail is better than none (which is about what you've given us).

> Screenshots test speed drives
>
> http://itmages.ru/image/view/1471772/feec35c3
> http://itmages.ru/image/view/1471774/2b0baeae
> http://itmages.ru/image/view/1471785/9fffb8f5
>
> Thanks in advance. Apply nowhere else.

I'm not really sure what this test that you've run is. For all I know,
your results look spectacular.