List:       kvm
Subject:    Re: Guest network, wireless host
From:       Anthony Liguori <anthony () codemonkey ! ws>
Date:       2009-08-30 0:19:04

Thomas Koch wrote:
> I found this howto about guests running on a host with wireless internet
> connection: (proxy arp)
>
> http://blog.bodhizazen.net/linux/bridge-wireless-cards/
>
> The steps described there work so far, but it would be perfect, if the guest
> could somehow obtain an IP via DHCP and if the whole stuff could be setup as
> Debian package.

This is just doing routing.  There's a much easier way to do this with
libvirt.  See:

http://www.libvirt.org/formatnetwork.html#examplesRoute

DHCP will never work because you've technically created a separate
subnet.  You could run a local copy of dnsmasq to manage the range of IP
addresses you're reserved for your private subnet though.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori