List:       kvm
Subject:    KVM: cdrom passthrough?
From:       Dâniel Fraga <fragabr () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-08 19:19:27

	I like very much KVM, but I decided to test Virtualbox and it
has nice features KVM doesn't have. BUT... Virtualbox is orders of
magnitude SLOWER than KVM. Virtualbox just can't compete with KVM
regarding speed. KVM is much, much, much faster than any virtual
machine on earth.

	Anyway, Virtualbox has a nice feature: cdrom passthrough with
let me use applications like AnyDVD or something like that. That's the
only app I need which there is not an equivalent in Linux.

	So, I know that I can use -cdrom /mountpoint, but AnyDVD won't
work with that. Besides that, Virtualbox allows me to mount/umount
whenever I want without restarting the virtual machine.

	So, is there any way to force cdrom passthrough in KVM or it is
impossible right now?

	Thank you VERY much for KVM, it's such a killer and
fast VM.

--
Linux 2.6.30: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity