List:       kvm
Subject:    Re: virtio block drivers not working
From:       Caleb Tennis <caleb () aei-tech ! com>
Date:       2009-03-22 22:06:17

On Mar 22, 2009, at 5:30 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> I do you virtio block in a very similar setup to yours (fully static
> kernel, -kernel option to kvm/qemu) sucesfully for quite a a while.
>
> Can you post your kernel .config and the contents of /proc/devices
> and /proc/partitions to debug this further?

I've found the problem.  In my testing, I was changing my second drive
from ide to virtio, so it looked like this:

-drive index=0,media=disk,if=ide,file=/root
-drive index=1,media=disk,if=virtio,file=/data

This doesn't work though, even as vdb, as since the interface is the
first virtio, the index needs to be set back to 0.  This gives me a /
dev/vda like I was expecting.

Thanks,
Caleb