List:       kvm
Subject:    Re: [GIT PULL] KVM fixes for 2.6.26-rc7
From:       Bernd Schubert <bernd-schubert () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-06-25 19:44:35

On Wednesday 25 June 2008, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 04:17:23PM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> > > Just found out, it is CONFIG_KVM_CLOCK. With CONFIG_KVM_CLOCK=y it does
> > > boot fine.
> >
> > You mean with CONFIG_KVM_CLOCK=n it boots fine, I suppose.
> >
> > You should upgrade the guest kernel to the git tree, kvm clock changes
> > break compatibility with older kernels.
>
> Err, I mean you have to upgrade the host kernel too.

Ah, unfortunately I can't do this easily :(
I'm presently on vacation and the host is my desktop at work, the risk to
break something remotely is too high. And even when I'n back is a problem,
unfortunately the host is a nvidia system and dual display only works with
the binary only driver (*grr* why did I have to get a stupid nvidia system :
( ).

Thanks,
Bernd