List:       kupu-dev
Subject:    Re: [kupu-dev] WebDAV with Kupu
From:       Johnny deBris <johnny () debris ! demon ! nl>
Date:       2006-10-10 15:42:59

Mark Fletcher wrote:
> Thanks, Guido! I'll take a look at those libraries. For my initial
> project, I'm only worried about creating, locking, and updating files
> (no moves, or new folders, or even versioning), so hopefully this won't
> be too hard to implement.

Good luck, if you run into problems let me know.

By the way, I noticed it has some more dependencies, (dommer depends on
'minisax', and there's some base lib you'll need) but they are either
found on the javascript url or in the parent dir of the svn url...

> But, I'm curious...  How is Kupu being integrated with CMS's like
> Silva, Zope, Lenya, etc. without WebDAV?

That usually happens with custom integration code on the server side,
the server spits out some HTML (for the editor) with an iframe with a
src that points to (sometimes converted especially for this purpose) the
HTML data. Saving is usually done by defining a PUT handler, some
servers have out-of-the-box support, but most CMSses want to perform
additional conversions and cleanups on what comes in.

Cheers,

Guido