On Thursday 17 April 2008, Hamish Rodda wrote: > Hi, > I have attached a proposal for a new mark interface. Highlights: > * mark types are changed from masks to regular integers (masks no longer > needed) > > * smart cursors now used to represent a mark > * you can now insert a mark at any point in a line, and it will behave > properly if you press enter before the mark point > * you can get notification of moves via the smart cursor feedback > mechanisms > > * custom mark types can now be created in a way which is friendly to > multiple plugins using the interface This is very good, and we also talked about that being needed long time ago :) > * mark types can be set to manual mode > * in manual mode, only requestAddMark / requestRemoveMark are emitted > when a user tries to insert a mark > * it is then up to the client app to handle this (as documented) > > Feedback sought :) (No implementation exists yet) > > Also, supporting the old interface is possible but it would be much nicer > code-wise to stop supporting it of course, I presume we want to maintain > backwards compatibility? Yes, I think we should! -- Anders www: http://www.alweb.dk jabber: anderslund@jabber.dk _______________________________________________ KTextEditor-Devel mailing list KTextEditor-Devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/ktexteditor-devel