Forwarding to ktexteditor-devel > I was hoping to get some feedback on a summer of code project idea. > > The Gobby open source project is a collaborative text editor. The project > makes their framework available in through libobby. I would like to make > a > katepart plugin that implements the libobby, allowing multi-user editing > in > kate and elsewhere. > The general idea is great and we need more of it. There has already been some discussion along this line as well as an idea on the SOC wiki page [1]. Looking at details you may find that using a katepart plugin might not provide all the hooks to implement this. Also the gobby developers are working on a successor protocol called infinote which will be used in future versions of Gobby. Again have a look at what has been discussed and also have a bit of a look around at mailing lists and maybe even API documentation [2] to get a feel for some of the underlying structure. Once you have done that feel free to send through any thoughts you have. Looking forward to a more detailed proposal. Andreas [1] http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/Summer_of_Code/2008/Ideas#Kobby [2] http://api.kde.org/ -- Ist Ihr Browser Vista-kompatibel? Jetzt die neuesten Browser-Versionen downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/browser _______________________________________________ KTextEditor-Devel mailing list KTextEditor-Devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/ktexteditor-devel