Christoph Cullmann wrote: > On Tuesday 12 June 2007 10:51, Philippe Fremy wrote: >> Feedback ? > The Interface looks kind of ok, but I would not seperate MultiDocMultiViewExt > and ContainerExt, there should atm just be one > > KTextEditor::Container > > and it should have the current functions, virtual destructor and so on. The > app can subclass it and fine, pass the pointer to your function and be done. > Later, if we invent new features in KDE 4.x, we can add some more interfaces > to this container, but it makes no sense to have this struct ContainerExt > which can do nothing and the additional interface. > Ok. I was about to separate the switchView() method to another extension, so that a different set of extension can be supported. Switching view, creating document, creating views may be supported or not by the container. What I will do instead is provide a way for the extension to return values saying that the method is not supported. switchView() will return a boolean of whether switching the view was successful. createDoc() will return the doc pointer or NULL createView() will return the view pointer or NULL removeDoc() will return a boolean of whether doc removal is authorized or not. removeView() will return a boolean of whether doc removal is authorized or not. I have another extension in mind. It is about the ability to have a separate "output window". KDevelop has such a window that you can use for compilation. I believe there are other kinds of output windows, like grep output, internal script execution, unit test execution, whatever. In Yzis, I plan to have a special (sub)window appear for this. But when yzis is embedded into kate or kdevelop, it would make a lot more sense to use the existing infrastructure. When I create this interface, do you want it to be part of the same MultiDocMultiViewExt or shall I create another extension class ? The last one would make more sense to me. cheers, Philippe _______________________________________________ KTextEditor-Devel mailing list KTextEditor-Devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/ktexteditor-devel