List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: Yzis and KTextEditor API
From:       Philippe Fremy <phil () freehackers ! org>
Date:       2007-06-06 10:26:18

Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On Monday 04 June 2007 19:19, Philippe Fremy wrote:
>> So, what do you kte guys think ?
> I think to make that happen, we need a KTE interface which is implemented by
> the application and passed to the global KTE::Editor instance. It should be
> easy, to come up with some simple interface. As I lack time atm, I would be
> happy for any proposals. It think the interface should be as small as
> possible and I think even KWrite will be able to implement it with some
> shortcomings (KWrite would implement "split" by opening new windows, but hey,
> Kate could implement it better).
> Could you come up with a draft for this?

Hi Christoph,

I'll try to come up with something.

Thinking more about it, it makes a lot of sense. KTE may be embedded in
places where only one view and one document is acceptable, for example
in konqy for editing text. On the other hand, it would be a pity not to
take advantage of the multiple views, multiple docs capabilities
provided by KDevelop and Kate. So clearly, the container needs to
publish its capabilities to the KTE part.

	Philippe