On Monday 26 February 2007 16:46, Philippe Fremy wrote: > The KTextEditor interface in KDE4 is still the one of KDE3, but changes are > more or less planned. The interface is maintained by kate people. IIRC from > old discussion, the interface is quite good but misses an important aspect > vi-like editor: the fact that the editor component itself can request new > windows and buffers. The KTextEditor interface in KDE 4 is nearly completly new... We have rewritten the most parts months ago. That the component can request new windows + buffers is not integrated atm. We could enhance the KTextEditor::Editor with some signal that is send, if the part creates a document on it's own, let us disscuss this on ktexteditor-devel. cu Christoph -- Christoph Cullmann _______________________________________________ KTextEditor-Devel mailing list KTextEditor-Devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/ktexteditor-devel