List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    KTextEditor + KDE 4
From:       mattr () kde ! org (Matt Rogers)
Date:       2005-04-15 21:30:59

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 11:14 am, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> hi,
> just want to kick off disscussions :)
>
> What should the next release give us more than we have?
>
> Should we consolidate the many extensions in one interface pair and just
> provide empty dummy implementations + some query functions to let the app
> query what really is supported instead of 1000th interface classes? with a
> upgrade interface per minor release to add extensions?
>
> Are any interfaces atm unusable? should some be dropped?
> where are probs? :)

I know personally that being able to define emacs like shortcuts (i.e. C-x C-s
for save and Ctrl+S for i-search) would be nice, but i doubt that's something
that can be handled on the interface level. It's probably only able to be
handled on the kdelibs level with shortcuts and in the implementation of the
interface.

Matt