List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    hide/replace some ktexteditor features
From:       Flavio Castelli <micron () madlab ! it>
Date:       2005-10-04 17:17:10

I needed some text-editor features in my app so I used KTexteditor.
The only problem is that I need to save my files in a different way compared
to kate's one.

So I created in my class a slotSave() method with my own code, and in the
constructor I create its KStdAction:

KStdAction::save( this, SLOT( slotSave() ), actionCollection(),
"file_save" )->setWhatsThis(i18n("Use this command to save a document"));

Now when I start the app I've two entries of "Save", the first inherits my
code, the second kate's one.

Here's my .rc file:

<!DOCTYPE kpartgui SYSTEM "kpartgui.dtd">
<kpartgui name="sample" version="1">
<MenuBar>
<Menu name="file" noMerge="0"><Text>&amp;File</Text>
	<Merge/>
</Menu>
<Merge/>
</MenuBar>
</kpartgui>

As suggested on #kate irc channel I tried to tell the actionCollection() to
remove kate's save action.

But using this code (at the end of my constructor):

unsigned int actions = actionCollection()->count();

for (unsigned int i =0 ; i < actions; i++)
{
	KAction * action = actionCollection()->action(i);
	printf ("action number %i, text = %s\n",i,(action->text()).ascii());
}

I see only one "save" action, mine...

How can I see only my own implementation entry?

Thanks in advance
	Flavio
--
|§ micron<- ICQ #118796665
|§ GPG Key:
|§  ~ Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
|§  ~ KeyID: 6D632BED

~ "Progress is merely a realisation of utopias" ~