List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: texthint interface (kde4)
From:       Vladimir Prus <ghost () cs ! msu ! su>
Date:       2005-09-21 11:52:47

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 15:28, Dominik Haumann wrote:

> so the TextHintInterface provides:
>   virtual void setEnableTextHints(bool enable);
>   virtual bool textHintsEnabled();
>
>   virtual void setTextHint(const Range&, const QString& text, int timeout);
>   virtual void setTextHint(const Cursor&, const QString& text, int
> timeout);
>
> signal:
>   void needTextHint(const View&, const Cursor&);

That would be good. To clarify: it I setTextHint on certain region on text,
the mouse leaves that region, tool-tip is hidden and the mouse enters that
region again, I'd like the same tooltip to be shown again, without
'needTextHint'. In other words, I want tooltips to be kind of "sticky", to
minimize queries to debugger in KDevelop.

And there should be a way to reset all tooltips (after program restart).

Ideally, there should be also tooltip for selections. Say, I have expression
like this in debugger:

   a + foo

I can view the value of 'a' and 'foo' via mouse, but I also want to quickly
get the value of the entire expression. It would be nice to just select it
with a mouse, and get immediate tooltip with value.

- Volodya