List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: Is KTextEditor::Document a real KPart::Part?
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-06-26 18:43:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 26 June 2005 12:37, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While busy thinking about redesigning elements of Kile, I was wondering the
> following:
>
> In Kate (and in Kile) a document is added to the GUI by
> calling guiFactory()->addClient() on the corresponding view. However, for a
> KPart it should be sufficient to call
> KParts::PartManager::addPart (perhaps followed by setActivePart) and
> createGUI.
>
> However, this does not work for KTextEditor::Document KParts. What is going
> on? Why do I have to treat KTextEditor::Document as special?
if you query for a KParts::ReadWrite or ReadOnly Part, you will get the wanted \
effect, but if you query for a KTextEditor::Document, you must live with the \
circumstance that ktexteditor has view/doc separation and therefor life is not that \
easy

> )

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team