List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: Interfaces
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-05-25 17:06:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 18:57, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Whatever you choose I would like to have the possibility to modify the
> document from a script in an editor independent way. The worst case is
> when the DCOP interfaces are provided by Quanta and the modifying is
> done by C++ code there, but I would like to avoid this.
I would propose this 2 solutions, which would stack

 a) the texteditor part just provides it's own dcop object for the document/view, with the number like atm,
     and there dcop methodes to any interface methodes it supports under the same name as atm,
     which is just a charm for most stuff, and would avoid to have 10 dcop objects for one document and 10 per
     view, which costs both mem,time, and makes the dcop "tree" just plain mess, with 1000000 interfaces

 b) for lua: parts should conclude on one lua interface both support, this shouldn't be that hard, too

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team