List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: Interfaces
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-05-25 16:52:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 11:53, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Does this mean you want to remove the possibility to control a
> KTextEditor editor via DCOP? This is a bad idea from our point of view
> as Quanta will loose a bunch of functionality (writing useful extension
> scripts).
this should imho be cleaned up, it would be much more useful to handle that in the \
part instead of the current each interface register own dcopobject, this is overhead \
without end, and for scripting, it would be much better to get some common scripting \
interface for the editor parts, which might be possible, as kate part thx to jowenn \
now supports lua, too (not sure how well, have no working trunk atm, only kde4 \
branch), and yzis does so too, only editors being important atm, IMHO

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team