List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: question about EditInterface
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-05-15 15:19:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 14 May 2005 03:45, Jens Herden wrote:
> I also did not look into the code but your are right. Funny thing is that I
> did create an editor in Cobol ages ago and I also used lines and not a
> string. I should have known this :-(
the current kate way with lines is even much mem overhead, but nice style
programming wise ;)

> Yes and I am not saying that this should be changed. I just wanted to add a
> conversion. But after reading your replies I am not sure if this makes any
> sense at all.
the tricky part is how to make it right, as anders said, even only line
endings could get problematic ;)

> > and no, no real editor implements the text storage as one string, even
> > emacs uses buffer with gap, and vim,kate,yzis and others use lines and
> > blocks ;)
>
> Sorry for the noise.
no :)
this is great, we get disscussion ;)
I think we need some cleanup, API wise, for kde 4.0, and without such input
this won't happen ;)

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team