List:       kstars-devel
Subject:    UI Issue with enabling Inline Images
From:       Bill Tschumy <bill () otherwise ! com>
Date:       2022-03-10 21:35:56

I have been very frustrated trying to get the Inline Images to display in KStars.  \
This has been compounded by the fact that the "KStars Add-On Installer" often seems \
to forget what's installed (which the inline images are).

You need to make sure the "Inline Images" near the bottom of the Preferences > \
Advanced > Look & Feel options is checked.
I'm sorry, but this is poor UI.  Every other option in that grouping is related to if \
you want certain onscreen items to be hidden while panning the display.  I naturally \
assumed if you checked this it would hide the inline images while panning (which I \
didn't want).  I only found out the real meaning by hovering over the checkbox and \
saw "Show inline images on the sky".

I would recommend this checkbox get moved to some other location in the Settings UI \
(probably near the top of the panel).  In addition, there are some checkboxes here \
that don't have a hover description, I'd recommend adding them for all.

I don't think I can attach an image to an email in this list.  So here is an image \
I've uploaded showing the problem.

https://www.otherwise.com/Inline_Images.png

Bill

--