--000000000000c6850405ba639069 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 16:10 Guilherme wrote: > Hi, I've recently entered the promo team and I'm trying to help with smal= l > things that could be improved regarding the perception of KDE and its > softwares by the public. > > I noticed the Android version of KStars on Play Store > > has a very low review score and that's mainly due to an incompatibility > with newer Android versions. The app crashes after start up because it > doesn't have the necessary permissions to run. After some discussion, it > was agreed that having an outdated version of an app on the KDE Community > Play Store account could create a bad perception of KDE by users. Now, we > want to know the opinion of the KStars developers regarding the issue. > > I have a suggestion, but of course I'd love to get feedback too. > > I propose temporarily removing the outdated KStars version from Play Stor= e > and only making it available again when an update fixing the issue is > available. > > Any thoughts? > I=E2=80=99ll let Jasem comment on this. But I=E2=80=99m in favor. KStars Li= te is unmaintained and until and unless someone maintains it, it would make sense to remove it. An interested party can find their way to the source. > Thanks for your attention. > --000000000000c6850405ba639069 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi, I've recently entered the promo= team and I'm trying to help with small things that could be improved r= egarding the perception of KDE and its softwares by the public.

I noticed the Android version of KStars on Play Store has a very low review score and th= at's mainly due to an incompatibility with newer Android versions. The = app crashes after start up=C2=A0because it doesn't have the necessary p= ermissions to run. After some discussion, it was agreed that having an outd= ated version of an app on the KDE Community Play Store account could create= a bad perception of KDE by users. Now, we want=C2=A0to know the=C2=A0opini= on of the KStars developers regarding the issue.=C2=A0

=
I have a suggestion, but of course I'd love to get feedback too.

I propose temporarily removing the outdated KStars = version from Play Store and only making it available again=C2=A0when an upd= ate fixing the issue is available.

An= y thoughts?

I=E2=80=99ll let Jasem comment on this. But I=E2=80=99m in favor. KS= tars Lite is unmaintained and until and unless someone maintains it, it wou= ld make sense to remove it. An interested party can find their way to the s= ource.

<= div dir=3D"auto">