List:       kstars-devel
Subject:    [Kstars-devel] KStars idling CPU usage
From:       Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-05-03 8:39:50

KStars consumes 10% of my CPU when idling (clock stopped, nothing happening)

The reason is, despite the stoppage of the clock and the complete lack
of events (no mouse clicks; no mouse moves even!) the paintEvent()
seems to be called and repainting at least overlays and infoboxes
continuously.

I'm attaching the output of callgrind. SkyMapQDraw::paintEvent(), and
the resulting InfoBoxWidget::paintEvent() and FOV::draw() seem to be
some of the main contributors.

Does anyone have any advice on how we might be able to optimize this
performance?

Note: callgrind machinery was on only during idling.

Regards
Akarsh

["callgrind.out.2090" (application/octet-stream)]