List:       kstars-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kstars-devel] Installing the USNO NOMAD catalog excerpt
From:       Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-23 22:35:42

Hi Jeamy,

>    For the developers:
>    If some file is missing, the others are failing to. Maybe we should change
>    this?

That's the way it is supposed to work. The reason being that the three
files are star catalogs to different depths. USNO will not work well
without Tycho-2, since it has only those stars which are NOT present
in Tycho 2, etc.

Maybe what we should do, is to find a way of disabling the USNO NOMAD
download until Tycho 2 has been downloaded. Currently, this is just
stated (AFAIK) in the description.

Regards
Akarsh