List:       kstars-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kstars-devel] UID for comets
From:       Khudyakov Alexey <alexey.skladnoy () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-10 11:20:00

В сообщении от Воскресенье 02 августа 2009 02:33:59 вы написали:
> Hello
>
> I've implemented UIDs for all objects but comets. So is there some unique
> designation for every comet so it could be used for UID?

Once more. I partially implemented UID for comets but I run into problems with
some provisional designations.

Some designation are as described by IAU.
http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/iau/lists/CometResolution.html
 * Normal: C/2005 A3

But there are designation with 2 letters. How could I interpret them?
 * Strange designation: C/2006 HW51