List:       kde-commits
Subject:    Re: [Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars
From:       Jason Harris <jharris () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2007-12-25 1:00:19

On Monday 24 December 2007 05:50:59 pm James Bowlin wrote:
> On Mon December 24 2007, Jason Harris wrote:
> > Also, stars are now rendered slightly larger on-screen, closer to
> > what was done in 3.5.
>
> It works here and looks great but I am getting a warning message when
> I zoom in and Sirius is on screen:
>
> kstars(9854) StarObject::draw: Star too big:  14.0309
>
> The number on the end of the line varies but it is always larger than
> 14.

That message is okay, I added it to test whether a 14x14 pixmap was big enough
for most situations.  The QPixmap size is a function of both the star's
brightness and the zoom level.  Sirius reaches a nominal size of around 16 at
the highest zoom, but this gets truncated to 14 because that's the biggest
size offered by the QPixmap cache at the moment.

I'll comment out the warning message.

Jason