List:       kstars-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kstars-devel] [patch] improve rendering time for stars by
From:       Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-23 21:50:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi

I somehow could not notice a very significant difference with the patch on
my system. Must be some trivial mistake. I will have a look at it again
tomorrow.

> > So, I want people's opinion. =A0Should we consider this a bugfix, or at
> > least a regression fix, and add it now? =A0Or should we hold off until
> > trunk thaws? I'd really like some help testing this change if we're
> > going to add it now.

I feel that something that produces 20x increase in speed should not be
left out from the release. I really don't know whether this can be consider=
ed
as a bugfix, but I think we could consider it as a regression fix. Since the
patch doesn't seem to make any big changes and doesn't alter any l10n strin=
gs,
it should be ok. So, I'm for the idea of including it in KDE 4.0

Regards
Akarsh.